Luxury double room with canal View - room 1
A modern houseboat located at a quiet place next to an old mill in the center of Amsterdam.
- Luxurious houseboat next to an old windmill
- Very quiet area without tourist masses
- Close to Westerpark and Jordaan Area
- The use of the sauna is optional
This modern houseboat apartment in the Western part of Amsterdam is the perfect place to have a relaxing holiday with your beloved one. Lots of mayor attractions are less than 15 minutes away, yet this houseboat is a little spa in the centre of a bustling metropolis. The double room has a private bathroom and there is a sauna onboard.
Next to an old mill, this charming and luxury floating home is the place to be if you want to have a relaxing and luxurious holiday. The double room is modern with a private bathroom and coffee and tea facilities. The sauna can be prepared upon request. And there is an outside terrace.
The Westerpark, with a wide variation of wonderful bars, restaurants and one of the best bakeries in town, is just 5 minutes walking away. Continue walking to the Jordaan Area, famous for the many boutique shops, the Anne Frank House, the 'Nine streets' and lots of bars and restaurants is
But if you want to relax at home, the houseboat is also a great place to be. You have access to a roof terrace to enjoy the sun during summertime. Smoking is allowed on the outside terrace. And for your ultimate relaxation, you can use the sauna (additional).
You will feel right at home because of the very cosy room. The houseboat is very well maintained and is equipped with all the utilities you will need during your stay.
A stay at this floating house includes a few drinks from the mini bar, coffee, tea, the use of amenities and taxes.
* Can we park our car close to the houseboat? We would not recommend you to come to Amsterdam by car. But if you do not have any other option. Parking in our street is possible but costs € 3,00 per hour. Amsterdam City offers P+R parking facilities for € 1,- per 24 hours (if you arrive after 10:00 am).
* How far is the houseboat from the city centre? The central station is 10/15 minutes away by bicycle or bus. The Dam Square and Anne Frank House are 15 minutes away by bicycle. The Jordan District is less than 10 minutes by bicycle or bus. The Museum Square is 20 minutes by bicycle and 30 minutes by public transportation. There are a lot of nice restaurants and bars at walking distance from the houseboat in the Westerpark.
* Are there other people staying on the houseboat during our stay? Yes, the houseboat has two floors, downstairs is where the two owners live, upstairs are the two guest rooms, sauna and a roof terrace where smoking is allowed. There is a separate entrance to reach the B&B area upstairs.
* Are towels, bed linen and a hairdryer included in our booking? Yes towels, bed linen and a hairdryer are included.
* Is smoking allowed inside the houseboat? No! Smoking is only allowed outside on the roof terrace.
* Can we bring a third person or child to sleep with us on the room? No, sorry to disappoint you but we host a maximum of 2 persons per room.
How to get there
From Central Station you simply take bus 21. That bus takes you right to bus stop 'Vredenhof'. From the bus stop it's just a 300 meter walk to the boat. Do not forget to press the STOP botton on the bus soon as you see 'next stop Vredenhof' on the digital sign inside the bus. The ride from central station takes exactly 15 minutes.
About the area
Westerpark is a culturally exciting area with lots of things to see and do. In the park itself you will find many hip and happening restaurants and bars, as well as live music venues. The Jordaan area is about 1,5 km away, famous for the cozy boutique shops and wide variety of food and drinks.
Floating bed and breakfast on a houseboat, located on an idyllic place next to an old Mill.
16 Reviews - Luxury double room with canal View - room 1
Katie M - England
Ideal quiet stay! Very relaxing.
We had a lovely long weekend stay here! The houseboat was lovely, very welcoming hosts! The houseboat is in a lovely quiet location just a short bus ride from Central Station which was lovely on an evening to come out of the busyness of Amsterdam center into the peaceful area and get a lovely night's sleep. Would definitely stay again.
If I had any suggestions, they would be minor things such as somewhere to hang clothes or some draws as there was nowhere to store clothes and maybe a mirror in the room it's self as only a mirror available in the bathroom. But this did not really bother us on our stay and we would still book again!
Thanks for having us!
La R - Germany
We had a nice and wonderful time in Amsterdam, in and around the Houseboat. The room is very beautiful, the bed is great to sleep and the owners were really really nice and helpful. Our Arrival was earlier than the Check-in, so we asked the owner if it's possible to bring our suitcases to the houseboat, that wasn't a problem. The same at the checkout, we had our suitcases in the houseboat After the Check out and picked it up to the start of our drive. Thank you for that!! Best wishes Lia and Flo
Hannah H - England
We had an amazing time in Amsterdam and can’t thank Wout enough for his hospitality! The room was lovely and very clean. We were allowed to check-in early due to a very early flight. Thank you so much!
Torrian G - the United States
The Houseboat was amazing, great hospitality, made us feel warm and welcome after our long flight. Strongly recommend.
Www.bookahouseboat.com - the Netherlands
27 JunAttention: the owner recently cancelled a 2-night booking.