Traditional Clipper 'Adventure' - sleeps 24
From a cosy 2-hour sail & drink Amsterdam cruise to a fully catered 5-day trip to the Wadden Sea
Sailing ship highlights
- Departs from: Amsterdam
- Type & Lenght: Clipper 26,3 m
- Capacity day trips: 42
- Nr of beds: 24
- Sailling area: IJsselmeer, Frisian Lakes, Markermeer, Wadden Sea
Sailing ship summary
Be welcome aboard on the Adventure, and get ready for an unforgettable cruise or even a multiple day trip. Our ship was built in 1909 and is now the perfect vessel for a drink with friends and family, a birthday or a special multiple day sailing trip on the IJsselmeer and Wadden Sea. Departs from the 'Oude Houthaven' near Amsterdam Central Station.
The ship has a capacity of 42 when sailing for a single day and a capacity of 24 people when on a multiple day trip. We sail on the following waters: the IJ lake, IJsselmeer, Markermeer, Frisian Lakes and the Wadden Sea. The crew is hospitable and experienced so no prior nautical knowledge is required.
Sailing ship description
This 26 meter long clipper is a perfect ship for a family or business retreat. With every sailing trip we offer a dinner buffet or BBQ for the whole group, whichever your group fits better. This sailboat rental was built in 1909 to transport sand and gravel. During the late 70’s the ship was transformed into a sailing vessel which could hold guests. The width is 5,7 meters and the depth is 1,35 meter, making it a pleasant and stable ship. During the trip you can help sailing - there is always enough to do for those who want to be a real sailor - as well as relaxing and enjoying the scenery with a drink at hand.
The layout of this sailing ship
Beneath the deck of the ship you will find a common room with five tables and plenty of space. The ship also has a galley with a professional 6-pit stove and large oven, as well as a fridge and freezer (on request). The ship offers eight bedrooms, four 4-person rooms and four 2-person rooms. There are two toilets and two showers on the ship.
Overview of our sailing packages
We offer a wide range of sailing trips, varying from short 2-hour tours to multiple day trips. Here is an overview of our packages:
- Sail and Drink Cruise - 2 hours. Get aboard with your family, friends or colleagues and enjoy a real cruise with a drink at hand.
- Dinner Cruise - 3 hours. Go sailing and enjoy a great buffet. Perfect for an after work event, or a get-together with friends and family.
- Pampus Cruise - 6 hours. A wonderful day at the water with a special destination: Pampus, the fort on the first man-made island in The Netherlands. Includes a tour on the island, lunch buffet and a sociable drink with snacks in the afternoon.
- BBQ Cruise - 5 hours. Sailing while enjoying a fabulous BBQ with drinks on the water. Life is good!
- Adventure 1-Day Cruise - 8 hours. Get ready for a full day sailing. You can actively participate with the sailing, or just relax in the sun. A fully serviced day sailing the waves.
- Weekend Cruise - Friday till Sunday. Take a weekend break with family and friends. Our experience crew loves to take you out, and even dares to hand over the ropes and steering wheel to you.
Rates and availability
Prices are dependent on the requirements of your party. Therefore we kindly ask to fill out the enquiry form on the right side of this page and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Number of single beds: 24
Heating / Cooling
Swimminig / Watersports
How to get there
The ship is located in Amsterdam near Central station. This area is easy to reach by public transport.
About the area
Sailing with the charter Adventure is very well to be combined with a visit to this wonderful city. Just some idea's to get the inspiration flowing.
The Rijksmuseum, One of Amsterdam's most popular attractions and certainly its most important art repository. The Rijksmuseum was founded in 1809 to house the country's huge collection of rare art and antiquities and boasts some of the greatest works of art.
On the Prinsengracht, the Anne Frank Museum is dedicated to the all-too-short life of one of the world's best-known Holocaust victims. In the actual home in which Anne's family hid for much of WWII and where she wrote her famous diary.
A must-visit for art fans and historians, the spectacular Van Gogh Museum has been one of Amsterdam's top attractions since it opened in 1972.
Tom, Marleen and Johan
The permanent crew of this sailing charter in Amsterdam consists of three people:
Tom Lamsma (photo) is owner, skipper and cook. With 25 years of experience he knows the tricks of the trade.
Marleen Visscher; owner, bookings and shipmate. She too has more than 20 years of experience.
Johan: skipper and it is he who, together with the shipmate Marleen, keeps the ship in the paint and is responsible for all other daily maintenance jobs. Attired on the Adventure since 1992. He is happy to give you the helm.
All three are authorized to work as a skipper.
1 Review - Traditional Clipper 'Adventure' - sleeps 24
Marie - England
Wonderful sailing cruise from Amsterdam
I'll never forget the amazing skies over the Markermeer, with the famous Dutch skies that inspired Rembrandt and many other painters. What an experience in itself! And the BBQ, the cruise itself, the crew - everything was outstanding. Thanks for making our visit to The Netherlands even more unforgettable.