Amsterdam's finest Watervilla - Creative little village - 2 free bikes
- Jump straight of the boat into the water
- Romantic stunning design
- At the south of the famous Amsterdam Waterlands
- Right opposite of freshmarket 'De Landmarkt'
- Free parking
- A real unique experience
Captain Pippi is a 120m2 houseboat, a true Amsterdam watervilla.
Docked in Schellingwoude, a creative peaceful village in Amsterdam-North. Part of the famous Waterlands, and only a little while away from the Amsterdam city center (see exact details in 'More about the location', below).
Get your organic food from our neighbor: the Landmarkt. Wake-up with a fresh dip in the natural water pool - The IJ -, see the sun set over the water. You will have 2 free bicycles at your service! Feel like a local.
Please note; Captain Pippi isn't a great match for very young infants and we'd like to only rent out our beloved ship to couples and families.
As experienced travellers and hosts: we are more than welcome to guide you throughout your stay.
Number of double beds: 2
Heating / Cooling
Swimminig / Watersports
Walking / Hiking
Cycling / Mountain Biking
We are at the bottom of the famous Amsterdam Waterlands!
How to get there
Captain Pippi is easily reachable.
Enter ‘Captain Pippi’ into a maps-app: this will guide you to the right address.
- It is 20 minutes by bicycle from the Amsterdam Central Station.
- And its 2 minutes by car from the Amsterdam Highway A10. Free parking!
- Or take Tram 26 direction Ijburg, get off at exit called ‘Zuiderzeeweg’ (this will take 10 minutes from Amsterdam Central Station) and walk 10 minutes over the Schellingwouderbrug (with view of the boats). Basically said: it will take you about 30 minutes to get from the boat to the Amsterdam Central Station by public transport. A 10-15 minute tram-ride and a 10-15 minute walk.
About the area
The ship is docked near the IJ in Schellingwoude, a lovely peaceful creative setting in the upcoming Amsterdam-North. The Landmarkt, the bespoke organic fresh-market, is only footsteps away. Same as the famous picturesque small town Durgerdam. The typical green Dutch landscapes are our backyard and are perfect for a little stroll or bike-ride. Captain Pippi is only a 20 minute bike-ride away from the Central Station.
Hi all, My name is Eveline, Dutch. Together with my man, we are fortunate owners of an unique houseboat. I have been working for over 15 years as an International Model. Been living all over the world, but since a few years nestled myself again in Amsterdam. The houseboat named Captain Pippi is rented out as a Creative Rental Space, for photo-shoots, film-location, as a boardroom for meetings and creative brainstorm sessions. I am studying to become a psycho-therapist. My hobbies are playing in nature. Surfing, riding a motorbike, cycling, ice-skating, snowboarding. Reading books and listening to quietness.