Unieke ruime boot nabij Amsterdam
- Your money is safe, we pay your host 2 days after check-in.
- 100% refund in the unlikely event the host cancels.
- Changing booking details is always free.
- Access to urgent phone line during your booking.
- Book Co2 positive, we compensate 3 times more than we emit.
Sailing ship highlights
- Modern with cozy twist
- Spacious for large groups - up to 12 guests
- Private ship
- Close to Amsterdam
- Lake view
- Easily accessible
Sailing ship summary
Our sailing ship is a relatively new ship in the Dutch fleet. She was built in 2001 and is mainly used for romantic sailing trips and weddings.
Today she has been converted for groups of passengers (up to 12 people). The traditional white sailing ship in combination with a modern and luxurious interior gives the whole ship an interesting twist and a perfect place to relax.
Sailing ship description
To honor the ship's earlier days as an event and wedding venue, we have kept the original features, giving the entire boat a modern yet romantic feel.
There are no separate cabins or rooms. Instead, we chose to create sections. This means there is less privacy between guests but more overall space on the boat.
The unique spacious boat near Amsterdam is divided into three main sections:
- When entering the ship you arrive in the dining area with a spacious table to have breakfast or dinner with your group. Accommodated with a nice bar and modern coffee machines.
- Via the stairs you enter the sleeping / rest room. To preserve the original state of the ship, it was decided not to divide the sleeping space into separate cabins. As a result, the space retains its light and openness, but there is less privacy between guests.
- When you enter the door at the back of the sleeping area, you enter our very modern kitchen, which is fully equipped.
Not to forget, the ship has the most space to relax outside, perfect to stay in spring, summer and even during the colder autumn and sunny winter days.
25-75% or 50-50% or 100% (read more)
Heating / cooling
Walking / hiking
Cycling / mountain biking
How to get there
The ship is located in IJburg, an area in the East of Amsterdam. From Schiphol Airport is it about 25 minutes by car/taxi or 50 minutes by public transport.
If you take tram 26 (IJburg) from Amsterdam Central Station, it will take you only 20 minutes to get to the stop 'IJburg', from there its only 1 minute walk to the boat.
There are also paid parking spots right across the street and many busses, including nightlines, that can transport you 24/7 from the boat to the centre and back again.
About the area
The ship is moored in the marina of IJburg. Characteristic of the IJburg district is that it is located on an archipelago of artificial islands in the IJmeer. As a result, the ship is right next to (or should we say in) the IJmeer. As a result, you are simply a few minutes away from beautiful nature reserves. The swamp forest 'Diemer Vijfhoek' is a well-known one, where the alternation of marsh forest, open water and reed lands make it a true bird paradise. You can walk here from the boat in 20 minutes.
Fort Island Pampus is a stone's throw from the venue. The ferry service to Pampus even leaves just around the corner from us. Do you want to go on an adventure a little further? Polder IJdoorn and Vuurtoreneiland are located slightly to the north of the location and can be reached via Zeeburg. Here you can walk beautifully and enjoy the unique flora & fauna.
Still looking for the crowds? Amsterdam is less than 20 minutes away.
Vera / Tim
Hi there! I am Vera, and I am running two amazing sailing barges in IJburg, just outside of Amsterdam. I am an absolute water lover, and try to be as much on the water as possible, mostly with kitesurfing, but adding wave surfing and sailing to it as well.