Double room in a Lyon houseboat
This refurbished room has all the amenities you need to make your stay a comfortable one during your vacation in Lyon!
- Your money is safe, we pay your host 2 days after check-in.
- 100% refund in the unlikely event the host cancels.
- Changing booking details is always free.
- Access to urgent phone line during your booking.
- Book Co2 positive, we compensate 3 times more than we emit.
- Central Location
- Terrace with amazing views
- Basic, modern amenities
- Entirely renovated interior
Lyon, a city of cultural, architectural, culinary delights that will charm you. Guests staying at this houseboat can enjoy the panoramic views on the city and the beautiful Sane River. This 20-square-meter room has everything two persons need to enjoy their stay in this tremendous city!
The houseboat has been sailing European canals for decades as a freight ship. The current owner refurbished it and now, travellers from all over the world can rent one of the independent rooms.
So, here is the Colvert room. It has two single beds, that can be arranged into a double one if you prefer. You will have your own kitchenette with a microwave oven, hob, refrigerator, toaster, boiler and coffee machine. The room also has its own private bathroom with a shower, a sink and toilet. There is a table and chairs but guests also have access to the terrace on the sundeck to have breakfast or just relax and have a drink. Finally, there is Wi-Fi everywhere in the houseboat.
The room can also host an extra guest, with extra charge.
How to get there
By car: Take the exit number 1 on the A7 motorway.
From the Lyon Perrache train station, the houseboat is a 5-minute-walk away.
From the Lyon Part-Dieu train station, take the tram 1 to Montrochet and stop at Cours Suchet. Then you will have to walk about 5 minutes.
Or you can take a cab from both the stations.
From Lyon Saint Exupéry Airport, take the bus Lyon Express and stop at Vaulx-en-Velin La Soie. Then, take the metro line A and stop at Perrache. You will get to the houseboat after another 5 minutes of walking.
About the area
Lyon is a city with a 2000-year old history. You won't help falling in love with the museums, theaters, cobble-stoned streets, restaurants... French way of life in a nutshell.
From a young age, Yves has always loved boats. Continuing one of his childhood dreams, he bought the barge to restore the landscape in housing and decided to anchor in Lyon. That was four years ago. Since then, he lives peacefully to the rhythm of the Saone and offers its floating cabins to passing travelers.
Develops numerous educational and community projects:
1. In 1980, founding president of the Association for Development Education in Micro-Computer and Networks, landscape a computer equipped for computers 13 that moves in all schools the department not equipped with multimedia devices.
2. In 1990, founding president of the association of the Val Houseboat Rhône, landscape a barge to house students from two classes over water, between Lyon and the Camargue, can discover the fauna, flora, water quality, biology, geology "size" in the remarkable sites identified by scientists in 1996, vice president-founder of the Association Ebulliscience creates scientific cultural facilities "Ebulliscience" in which any citizen, young or old, educated or illiterate, can approach this daunting science and discover, if necessary, that science is accessible to all. These rooms are open to all citizens, have a slogan for their visitors: "Please, touch!". They are led by facilitators called "accomplices" who aims to assist visitors and share with them to better carry out their investigative approach.
3. In 1997, Committee Chair 17 of the Mutual Aid Society Members Legion of Honor.
3 Reviews - Double room in a Lyon houseboat
Myriam C - France
Stay for New Year's Eve aboard the barge Show original
Arnaud L - France
Very good barge Show originalShow original
"Very good address at the same time unusual, original and picturesque ... the very close to the city center and on the edge of the quay allowing long walks without having to use the car.
To recommend !"
Rebecca B - England
The boat was comfortable and perfectly located. 5 min walk to the station and 15 min walk into the old city. Silent at night and very comfortable beds. We would love to come again. Thank you Yves.